Rowan Gray

The day started out like any other. I was 38 weeks pregnant and headed to the doctors office for a check up. I was going to have Liam with me and I decided to take my hospital bag with me just in case. I was supposed to be getting an ultrasound done so my in laws came with me as well to see baby Rowan. Well it was a good thing that they came because during my NST test (monitoring the heart rate with contractions) Rowan’s heart rate dropped really low after a contraction. Turned out it was just a one time thing and everything was perfectly fine with our little man. However, because of it the doctor didn’t want to wait any longer and risk something happening to our little guy. I was sent straight to the hospital to be induced.


All hooked up and the induction had begun. Already everything about this time around has been different. With Liam my water broke before I had any other sign of labor and we had our whole family waiting in the waiting room. This time I was being induced and for majority of the time it was just Dave and I. As the time went on my contractions progressed and I couldn’t be more excited to meet Rowan.




The last moments of our little family as a family of 3. Liam was so excited to be at the hospital waiting for the doctor to “take baby Rowan out of Mommy’s tummy” in his words. Kisses from Big Brother and little moment to capture of us all before our lives would be forever changed with a new little man to fill our family.


At this point it was dark outside and the contractions were beginning to get more intense. I was dilated to a 6 and was just constantly praying for a safe and healthy delivery and baby. As much as I love being pregnant I was ready to hold my littlest man in my arms. I sent a text out to our family letting them know that we would update them with anything new but to get some rest since it was so late. Dr. Garza was coming in to the hospital because he had been called into an emergency c-section. Just before he reached my door to check on me my water broke. I was now at a 7 and things were getting really intense. Dr. Garza walks in and from the time it took him to walk from our door to my bed I went from 7 to 10 and was ready to push. In less than 10 minutes from the time my water broke I was holding Rowan on my chest. It all happened so fast I didn’t even know how to react to it. The text we sent was a picture with the caption “It happened to fast”…


Our littelest man born September 16th at 3:04am.



We are now a family of 4 and I couldn’t be more in love.